Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum
Registered Member Login:
Not a member? Register today!

Welcome to the Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum.

You're going to love it here. We've got Gibson & Epiphone forums, member galleries, classified ads, and more for you here.
You can read posts as a guest but posting here requires registration. But, don't worry, registering is quick, easy and painless. Why not register today?

Notices

Thread: 2003 es 175
View Single Post
Old February 28th, 2018, 09:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jeffytune
Gibson Talker

Well Steve, price is subjective.
I did a search on Reverb, they suggested a range of 1800 to 2400. That seemed a bit on the low side to me. They usually come to that as to what they would pay and what they have sold in the past.
E-bay shows a range from 2300-4000, but the more expensive ones are from the 50/60s so, you need to take that into account.
GC shows that they have 16 in there system 2500-5700 (but that one in a 1959).

Also, do you have the case candy? The case, tags, manual, warranty card, tools if you have that, this raise the value as well.

Lastly, how fast do you need to sell it? If you can sit tight for 6 months to get the right buyer, I think I would start at 3500 and see who bites.

This is a great guitar, but it's not a Les Paul, you need to find the right buyer for it.
Being your in LA, have you considered talking to Fret Americana? They are a high end guitar dealer, and they might want to consign it with them.

Just a thought.
JT

http://www.frettedamericana.com/about/contact
Jeffytune is offline Offline   Reply With Quote

» Gibson-Talk Photos
Guitars and Amps
Ride66
Guitars and Amps