Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum
Registered Member Login:
Not a member? Register today!

Welcome to the Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum.

You're going to love it here. We've got Gibson & Epiphone forums, member galleries, classified ads, and more for you here.
You can read posts as a guest but posting here requires registration. But, don't worry, registering is quick, easy and painless. Why not register today?

Notices

Amp Town Talk amps, tubes, speakers and everything AMP related.

Old October 9th, 2017, 02:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gibson Talker

Mesa nomad 100

Looking for some opinions here, basically I'd like to know if the mesa nomad 100 is worth the buy and if the sound is good. Obviously it won't sound like a dual rectifier but I need a new amp soon...I have a line 6, worst investment I've ever made.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

Frostyn123 is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Poster Extroadinare

Worth it? That's pretty subjective, and only you can answer that one. They do get a great range of very usable tones and rock pretty hard.
Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.
SAguitar is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2017, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gibson Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguitar View Post
Worth it? That's pretty subjective, and only you can answer that one. They do get a great range of very usable tones and rock pretty hard.
The biggest problem is I can't try before I buy due to the amp being discontinued for a while

Old October 10th, 2017, 02:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Poster Extroadinare

Never played one myself but have had a couple of Mesa amps which were both good.

Personally, I would never buy an amp without playing first, particularly if I intended gigging it as I assume, being a 100w amp, you do.

As Stan says, it's pretty subjective, so if I couldn't play it, no matter how much of a bargain it appeared, I would move on.

I agree with your Line 6 comment. Way too shrill for me.

http://www.thepiecesofmind.com/
johnreardon is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2017, 07:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Gibson Talker

Thank you for your input, John. I bought the line 6 a year ago when I was a beginner and didn't know squat about tone. Took me a year too long to realize that I made a huge mistake haha. Any good amps you would recommend? I play mostly metal but also play a wide variety of other genres. So far I've been recommended the Peavey 6505, but have also been looking into Randall quite a bit.

Old October 11th, 2017, 04:44 AM   #6 (permalink)
Poster Extroadinare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostyn123 View Post
Thank you for your input, John. I bought the line 6 a year ago when I was a beginner and didn't know squat about tone. Took me a year too long to realize that I made a huge mistake haha. Any good amps you would recommend? I play mostly metal but also play a wide variety of other genres. So far I've been recommended the Peavey 6505, but have also been looking into Randall quite a bit.

I am not a believer in thinking 'xxx' amp is a must if you play 'yyy' genre of music. Best way for is to try as many amps as you can and choose the one that sounds the best to your ears.

I prefer valve amps as I never use any pedals, just plug straight into the amp. I wouldn't necessarily write off solid state amps if you use pedals as they can give great clean sounds. It's just Line 6, for me, was way too shrill.

My main amp was built for me by a friend, however I also have a Mesa Express Plus and an Orange Dual Terror. I have had amps from Fender and Marshall in the past.

Good luck

http://www.thepiecesofmind.com/
johnreardon is offline Offline   Reply With Quote