Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum
Registered Member Login:
Not a member? Register today!

Welcome to the Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum.

You're going to love it here. We've got Gibson & Epiphone forums, member galleries, classified ads, and more for you here.
You can read posts as a guest but posting here requires registration. But, don't worry, registering is quick, easy and painless. Why not register today?

Notices

Amp Town Talk amps, tubes, speakers and everything AMP related.

Old February 22nd, 2018, 06:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gibson Talker

Amp to iPad to headphones and monitors

Hey everyone I have a question. I want to be able to play to music using either headphones or monitors. Currently, Iím going from my amp to my laptop via usb. Headphones are plugged into my amp.
What I would like to do is go from my amp to my iPad instead of my laptop, use headphones when I have to play quietly or monitors when I donít. I got an adapter to try going from the amp into the iPad but the volume is uncontrollable.
What do I need to make this work? I have the Blackstar MKII HT40. Thanks - Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris80 is online now Online   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2018, 07:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Gibson Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris80 View Post
Hey everyone I have a question. I want to be able to play to music using either headphones or monitors. Currently, Iím going from my amp to my laptop via usb. Headphones are plugged into my amp.
What I would like to do is go from my amp to my iPad instead of my laptop, use headphones when I have to play quietly or monitors when I donít. I got an adapter to try going from the amp into the iPad but the volume is uncontrollable.
What do I need to make this work? I have the Blackstar MKII HT40. Thanks - Chris

Are you using AmpliTube ?
Are you using iRig- Iíd use that.

I get pretty rubbish results using line out on my Roland Blues Cube. It depends where in the amp circuit the USB is.

On my Blues Cube line out happens before the power amp section so itís just the channel volume not master volume that works.

When I want to play unheard, I use headphones into the amp.

If I want silent recording,I use the headphone socket as this allows full control of the amp so I can dial the master down and crank the channel volume up. I then listen via my headphones in iPad or iPhone. Use iRig basic version and I think that will work.

But nothing beats an SM57(clone) in front of the speaker for recording.

vinnie1971 is offline Offline   Reply With Quote