Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum
Registered Member Login:
Not a member? Register today!

Welcome to the Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum.

You're going to love it here. We've got Gibson & Epiphone forums, member galleries, classified ads, and more for you here.
You can read posts as a guest but posting here requires registration. But, don't worry, registering is quick, easy and painless. Why not register today?

Notices

The Epi Center Everything Epiphone. Got a new or vintage Epiphone? Then this is the forum for you.

Old August 7th, 2017, 12:38 AM   #21 (permalink)
NEW MEMBER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguitar View Post
If it's still under warranty, the shop where you bought it will fix the problem. If you want to correct it yourself, just put a dab of silicone caulk somewhere on and inside area that is out of the way, and press the wires into it.
Thanks so much, just emailed the shop today, still waiting for reply.

coldriver is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2017, 12:40 AM   #22 (permalink)
NEW MEMBER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infant View Post
Hi and welcome to Gibson Talk. If the guitar is brand new, it should be under warranty. I'd bring it back to the store and have them look at it.
However, I'm not sure what you mean by the glue having dissolved. We're the wires taped to something? I have a Gibson ES137 and the wires aren't taped down anywhere that I can see. They are just soldered from point to point and are stiff enough to stay in place.
Anyway, as I said, if it's under warranty, the store should look after that and it should be a quick repair.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
Thanks so much, i can't actually see into the guitar, but there are wires present that shouldn't be there, and there are a couple of other things falling apart off it, so I'm just waiting for the store to respond with how to fix it.
coldriver is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2017, 11:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
Gibson Talker

...I had a Korean made one, it was pretty dang nice, traded it in on new Dot, which I regretted after a while (just couldn't bond with it). I have since traded the Dot for a Les Paul Custom Pro, much nicer!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140322_174440_790 (1).jpg
Views:	18
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	3325  

VoxSino is offline Offline   Reply With Quote