Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum
Registered Member Login:
Not a member? Register today!

Welcome to the Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum.

You're going to love it here. We've got Gibson & Epiphone forums, member galleries, classified ads, and more for you here.
You can read posts as a guest but posting here requires registration. But, don't worry, registering is quick, easy and painless. Why not register today?

Notices

The Epi Center Everything Epiphone. Got a new or vintage Epiphone? Then this is the forum for you.

Old March 19th, 2017, 03:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Gibson Talker

Questions about the Epiphone Dot

...I have noticed that the Dot, brand new, is averaging about 429.00, and the hardshell case is about 109.00 extra. But for some reason, people tend to just give them away for 200.00-350.00. I don't understand why. I think a really nice one with the hardshell case shouldn't go for less than 400.00. What am I missing? They are well made and sound good, any thoughts? Am I the only one who feels this way? Any and all input is greatly appreciated!
Joe

VoxSino is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2017, 03:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Humbucker

Guitars are worth what people will pay. I have an early Dot Deluxe and have no plans on selling, but my asking price with hsc would probably be around $350. iirc, I only paid a little more than that for it new on sale from Sam Ash.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010039.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	156.1 KB
ID:	3217  

Name:	P1010040.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	3218  

Name:	P1010042.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	3219  

Biddlin is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2017, 06:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Humbucker

Nice guitar.

I agree, they are nice and very usable well made guitars but selling anything that's not exotic is hard these days because there are just so many out there and so many of the standard types. The Epi Dot for example is up against a whole range of 335 clones, nearly all of which tend to be well made and playable these days. I have a Chinese Tokai, about the same price new, which, for all I know might be the same guitar - it really is a perfectly usable instrument.
But all guitars are subtly different individually; If you've found your Epi to work for you - hang on to it!
MickeyB is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2017, 08:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Poster Extroadinare

Ya mon, I wholeheartedly agree with Mickey. It's not a seller's market out there these days. Guitars are plentiful, and everywhere. Plus the internet brings a worldwide market right to your desktop or phone. If you've got guitars you enjoy, then good on you, don't worry about resell value, just play them loud and long!
Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.
SAguitar is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2017, 03:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
NEW MEMBER!

I bought a dot from amazon uk just before christmas for 270 not sure what that is in dollars. But i complained to amazon as it arrived with the action far too low and a slight twist on the neck. Got 120 back. Result a stunning guitar for 150. Cost me 60 to get properly setup including a new bone nut. 🖒

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
noteboom80 is offline Offline   Reply With Quote