Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum
Registered Member Login:
Not a member? Register today!

Welcome to the Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum.

You're going to love it here. We've got Gibson & Epiphone forums, member galleries, classified ads, and more for you here.
You can read posts as a guest but posting here requires registration. But, don't worry, registering is quick, easy and painless. Why not register today?

Notices

Les Paul Discussion Page General discussion about the all models of the Gibson Les Paul

Old October 31st, 2017, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
NEW MEMBER!

High E Bending/Vibrato

Heyo,

Whenever I go for whole step bends on the high e, the b string likes to get in on the fun and it'll either get in the way - hindering my bends, or it'll get in the way AND ring out with the bend. All of that affects being able to use vibrato to an extent. Anyone have insight on this kind of situation.

Out of the case, my LP was apparently strung 9-46 same scenario, but much too slinky on the unwounds. I changed it to 10's a day after. (If that little slice of info helps.) was debating if I should bring it in to a friend's guitar shop to get a full set up.

Jdrix777 is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2017, 09:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Poster Extroadinare

I play 10s myself so I can understand that, but a full step bend will always try to involve other strings. You have to learn how to mute adjacent strings to keep them from ringing if you don't want them to. And yeah a good setup is a good thing, but you should eventually learn to do that yourself! It helps you get closer to your guitar so you can understand it on a deeper level.
Makes some men crazy and they start to drool.
SAguitar is offline Offline   Reply With Quote