Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum
Registered Member Login:
Not a member? Register today!

Welcome to the Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum.

You're going to love it here. We've got Gibson & Epiphone forums, member galleries, classified ads, and more for you here.
You can read posts as a guest but posting here requires registration. But, don't worry, registering is quick, easy and painless. Why not register today?

Notices

Les's Living Room Our Off-Topic Forum. Stop by Les's living room and recline in the barcalounger.

Old September 27th, 2018, 03:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Poster Extroadinare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tom View Post
Thanks for the input,guys..it's amazing how most of our blunders are considered by
the crowd , to be "part of the act"...Every time I see a band breaking and smashing
their guitars, I think"why not just give them to a young person to help them get started"" totally idiotic....
My band supported the Who back in Jan 1966 and the act isn't quite what people think. Just before the song when Pete was going to smash his guitar (I think it was a Strat or Tele, I can't remember), the roadies swapped what he was playing for another guitar that looked the same, however the body was a cheap old thing. Essentially it was just a proper neck and electronics stuck on cheap wood.

After he smashed it, the roadies went round picking up the usable bits so they could make another up for the next show.

Some of the cabs they had on stage didn't appear to have speakers, as they were quite light for 4x12s, so I guess it was those that he stuck his guitar through.

It doesn't bother me what they do with their stuff. They have done enough for charity over the years, particularly Roger. It was only part of their act.

http://www.thepiecesofmind.com/
johnreardon is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2018, 11:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
Gibson Talker

I was at a county fair, few years back-this group had set up on a flat-bed trailer...they were doing "johnny Be Good". The singer decided
to do a duck-walk, a la Chuck Berry, as the crowd roared it's approval.He turned around and made another pass,cheesing at the crowd, and diddy-bopped right off that trailer...a few scrapes and bruises, but his
dignity prob suffered irrepairable damage.I laughed till I cried......
Old Tom is offline Offline   Reply With Quote