Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum
Registered Member Login:
Not a member? Register today!

Welcome to the Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum.

You're going to love it here. We've got Gibson & Epiphone forums, member galleries, classified ads, and more for you here.
You can read posts as a guest but posting here requires registration. But, don't worry, registering is quick, easy and painless. Why not register today?

Notices

Mods and Tech Talk Talk "tech" and modding your Gibson, Epi or any other guitar here.

Old August 2nd, 2018, 01:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
NEW MEMBER!

HSH wiring

So Iím just wondering, I canít seem to find anything online anywhere for this. But Iím wiring up a HSH guitar with master volume and master tone both of which are push pull and a DPDT toggle switch. So my thought was Iíll do one master coil split, one master series parallel (as in make each humbucker parallel not parallel with each other) and then the toggle I would use to turn on the neck pickup in any position that way I could have all three at once or just neck and bridge.

I couldnít find a diagram so I worked it out myself. All seems to work well except when Iím on the middle single coil and pull one of the pots it changes the tone. Almost like a volume drop or something. Which made me think, maybe this isnít possible? I looked around and even on a regular HH setup I can not find a diagram for doing master coil split and master series parallel (again I donít mean series parallel between two pickups, I mean a switch to make each humbucker series parallel.

Hope all this make sense. Iím starting to think maybe itís one or the other? Definitely a lot of wiring going on when trying to do everything at once. But I was hoping to make this work. Maybe I just missed something. Iím going to look back over it but I was just curious why no one seems to have diagrams for this kinda setup and thought, maybe there is a reason for that. Lol

ALLsteven is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2018, 11:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Gibson Talker

Can't believe no one has touched this....

There are a few (I've seen) production models withy this configuration.
You didn't really expand much........

Gibson NightHawk is HSH.
PhatBoy is offline Offline   Reply With Quote