Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum
Registered Member Login:
Not a member? Register today!

Welcome to the Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum.

You're going to love it here. We've got Gibson & Epiphone forums, member galleries, classified ads, and more for you here.
You can read posts as a guest but posting here requires registration. But, don't worry, registering is quick, easy and painless. Why not register today?

Notices

Other Gibson Solid Bodies Forum for SG, Firebirds, V's, Explorers, Specials, Jrs, Melody Makers -- everything solid body except the classic Les Paul.

Old December 30th, 2017, 02:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
NEW MEMBER!

I've just finished my first DIY guitar kit build and I have to say that it was an awesome experience. To answer your question about if it is worth the money, it depends entirely on what "worth it" means to you. For me, the kit cost me $150 dollars but the experience was totally worth it as I learnt so much about building guitars and luthiery. The guitar that I built is also worth so much more to me than $150 because I know I built it myself. In terms of quality, the guitar is definitely worth $150. With a few extra upgrades to the pickups and to the tuning pegs, you can get a pretty darn good axe from these kits.

Just my 2 cents worth, hope it helps!

Thanks,

Justin

JustinLevitt is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2018, 08:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Gibson Talker

Precision Guitar Kits are some of the best around. You can start with a basic double cut Les Paul Junior at $349 and put it together and finish it however you want.
Old September 22nd, 2018, 03:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
NEW MEMBER!

For learning how guitars work, learning to solder etc, get a Squier Strat, take it apart and rebuild it. As long as you're competent, you WILL end up with a useable guitar. Use that guitar as a test bed for hardware and mods and NEVER think of it as a giggable instrument. When you get a bit more experienced/confident, refret it, whether it needs it or not.
A guitar kit is not for the inexperienced.
somebodyelseuk is offline Offline   Reply With Quote