Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum
Registered Member Login:
Not a member? Register today!

Welcome to the Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum.

You're going to love it here. We've got Gibson & Epiphone forums, member galleries, classified ads, and more for you here.
You can read posts as a guest but posting here requires registration. But, don't worry, registering is quick, easy and painless. Why not register today?

Notices

Other Gibson Solid Bodies Forum for SG, Firebirds, V's, Explorers, Specials, Jrs, Melody Makers -- everything solid body except the classic Les Paul.

Old May 10th, 2017, 07:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
NEW MEMBER!

my sg

hi. i'm new to this forum. I have just a few days ago bought a usa spec Gibson sg (used) one previous owner from new..i'm a bass player and fancied a change and i'm not too familiar with gibsons. the guitar is a black (ebony) sg from 2011. it came in a Gibson usa fitted case with paperwork. the neck pickup is a p90 soapbar and the bridge pup is a standard looking humbucker. by the humbucker in the scratchplate there are 2 small holes which correspond to the screws in the front p90 which leads me to believe the previous owner modded this guitar from originally having 2 p90's yet he denies all knowledge. theres no problem with the guitar but i'm trying to find out how much it would have cost retail in 2011 ? and how much it may be worth now? as far as I can guess its either a p90 classic or a p90 standard. the truss rod cover plate is blank. waiting from an email reply from Gibson usa...can anyone enlighten me?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00227.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	3265  

dazpaint is offline Offline   Reply With Quote