Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum
Registered Member Login:
Not a member? Register today!

Welcome to the Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum.

You're going to love it here. We've got Gibson & Epiphone forums, member galleries, classified ads, and more for you here.
You can read posts as a guest but posting here requires registration. But, don't worry, registering is quick, easy and painless. Why not register today?

Notices

Other Gibson Solid Bodies Forum for SG, Firebirds, V's, Explorers, Specials, Jrs, Melody Makers -- everything solid body except the classic Les Paul.

Old June 29th, 2018, 09:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
NEW MEMBER!

Ha! I knew all those Blue Cheer guys, and Voco, who managed them. My old band played a few gigs with them. The only light in their kitchen was a bare 100-watt bulb. At that time they were still working with Marshall stacks, and those were already beyond loud. I once went to see them at the Straight Theater three nights in a row, trying to "get it." I never did. Ehhhh, sonny? What's that you say. I'm a little hard of hearing. LOL!

After Leigh moved to the UK, he came back to SF and was interviewed on KSAN. When they asked if he planned to move back here, he replied no way. So as not to get political here with what he said (though I remember it verbatim), he cited a certain national malaise from which we still suffer. And that was 1970.

Saw Dickie at the Summer of Love 40th in GG Park. Pix are on my main frame, but I'll eventually get them up here. I really *am* old enough to have seen all the cool bands.

My335 is offline Offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2018, 04:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Poster Extroadinare

Boy that be one fine looking SG. My one and only is a 2012 SG Classic I think I might have the twin to it only mine is heritage cherry, has a B-5 Bigsby on it, and a TonePro TPR6 bridge.................
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RSCN0787.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	3562  

Billy C is offline Offline   Reply With Quote