Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum
Registered Member Login:
Not a member? Register today!

Welcome to the Gibson & Epiphone Guitar Forum.

You're going to love it here. We've got Gibson & Epiphone forums, member galleries, classified ads, and more for you here.
You can read posts as a guest but posting here requires registration. But, don't worry, registering is quick, easy and painless. Why not register today?

Notices

Other Guitars Got a Tokai or Agile? Some other LP or ES Copy? What to discuss Strats and Teles? It doesn't have to resemble a Gibson to be discussed, but if it does that's even better.

Old March 12th, 2018, 07:29 AM   #21 (permalink)
Gibson Talker

I have a few 60's Japanese guitars and like them for what they are and don't expect them to play as well as my better guitars. I use them for slide. I have a single pickup Kingston that's a terrific slide guitar, just nasty as hell, with some overdrive added. It's that Hound Dog Taylor sound I like. My style of slide playing is strictly slash & burn like Hound Dog, so that guitar works very well in that role.

I also have a '58 Supro Belmont that I use for slide. I definitely prefer the cheaper stuff in my collection for slide also.

Old June 20th, 2018, 12:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
NEW MEMBER!

Send a message via ICQ to RonaldHoody Send a message via AIM to RonaldHoody Send a message via Yahoo to RonaldHoody Send a message via Skype™ to RonaldHoody
Hello

All can be