339 fans

Discussion in 'The Epi Center' started by 4thwisemonkey, Jul 16, 2018.

1. 4thwisemonkey

4thwisemonkey New Member

any 339 fans

2. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

Oh yeah, there are several ES-339 fans around here! I've wanted one since they came up with the idea, but since I have an ES-335, I've just made myself deal with it. I'm a big guy, I've played heavy Les Pauls all my life, and I can deal with the extra weight.

But yeah, I can see the attraction for the smaller body on one of those babies.

3. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Member

I have the P90 loaded 339. The tones that it can get are going to be closer to an LP than the 335, but it still covers a lot of ground. And I'm a smaller guy, so the fit is great.

4. johnreardon

johnreardon Active Member

I used to have both a 339 and a 336. Great guitars, but I needed to trim down my small collection so reluctantly sold them. I did keep my 335 though, along with 10 LPs :biggrin:

5. PhatBoy

PhatBoy New Member

I switched the pickups to Seth Loversw on my ES-339

6. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

I have a beautiful blonde ES-335, and my B.B. King Lucille ES-355, and those fit the bill for whenever I need that semi-hollow body thrill. I have thinned down my Les Paul collection to 8, so I'm well under the established limit!

Not that I wouldn't love an ES-339. They look to be a sweet guitar, and if I could justify the expense there would be one here already.

7. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Member

As I, my mentioned earlier, my P90 loaded 339 just seemed to be such a great fit. And still feels that way.
    But, it was not until I got my Sheraton that I realized how small the 339 body is. I've had a couple of 335's over the years, but that's been long enough for me not to be able to compare their sizes.
    And for some unknown reason, I'm finding myself getting comfortable with the larger Sheraton. Who would have known?

8. bongo122819

bongo122819 New Member

+1 Lost Venture. Just got my 339 P90 and love the feel and sound though it took me a while to get the neck & action right.
    It does have a buzz that i talked about in an earlier post but I love the size.
    Years ago I spent 2 hours at 48th st Custom guitars in NYC (when I was supposed to be at a meeting down the street) and tried quite a few
    335's and 339's side by side and the 335's sounded better every time. But this 339 P90 sounds great.

9. GibSG

GibSG Member

Not really, sorry :D