AGile 3200MCC

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by derrellgore, Feb 26, 2018.

1. derrellgore

derrellgore New Member

So I can't afford a real LP. I have done a lot of searching and I am about to pull the trigger on an Agile 3200MCC. when you look at the hardware and body I haven't seen anything else on this level for the price. Any opinions on this?

2. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

If you're looking in that range, I would also check out the Xavier and Slick models from Guitar Fetish.

www.guitarfetish.com

The cool thing now is that the lower priced guitars currently being produced are light years ahead of where entry level guitars were when I began playing.

3. Infant

Infant Active Member

I agree...todays entry level guitars are very well made. However, for $500 can't you buy an Epi LP there in the US? At least with the Epi, you get better electronics, hardware and Grover tuners. You also get a very good warranty. Just my opinion...YMMV.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

4. Jeffytune

Jeffytune New Member

I agree that Guitar Fetish Xavier line look good, and I have bought from this company before, they are great to deal with. BUT I have never played one.

I was at Guitar Center Beaverton last Sunday and they have a lightly used Epiphone Les Paul standard in Amber. It is a stunning looking flametop ( I would say 4a flame) no dents or scratches to speak of and it played well. It seemed lighter the most (In the 7 to 8 pound range).

It needed a new jack as the stock one would lose contact. I pointed this out to the tech and he said he would fix it. Other then that, it played very good, I thought about adding it to my stable, but I just could not justify buying it.

They are asking 369.99 for it, and being a standard it has the rounded neck and Gibson 57 pickup in it.It sounded great through the Fender blues deluxe I was playing it through and I can give you my personal thumbs up on this one, just make sure that they replace that jack.

5. derrellgore

derrellgore New Member

I actually looked t the Xavier pretty hard....but the Agile has a little more going for it. It has real grover 18:1 tuners. It has a solid top...not a veneer. Has a tusq graphite nut. Neck is solid thru the body. It has coil splitting. Has pick guard already installed. Has Alnico 5's and are waxed.

Company has good reputation. Yes they do cost a little more but still cheaper than an Epi and from what I have read they are the quality of a Gibson Studio so would be better than an Epi.

I also looked at Epi's in store and to be honest they seemed like junk to me. The first one I picked up one of the knobs fell off.

6. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

Have fun in the quest! Get out there and play as many as you can. Eventually, one will demand that you take it home.