Bogus?

Discussion in 'ES-sential Hollowbodies' started by donnyloner, Jun 24, 2018.

1. donnyloner

donnyloner New Member

New to the forum. Howdy! I acquired a Gibson ES-330TDN VOS '61 reissue approx. 2 weeks ago. It has no serial number on the head stock, only one written on a sticker inside the f hole that starts with a Q. No COA. The case looks gibson, but does not say gibson on it. Should I be panicking?

2. johnreardon

johnreardon Active Member

Hi and welcome to this place

Best thing to do is contact Gibson. They will need to see some pics, including the serial no.

Best of luck

3. donnyloner

donnyloner New Member

Here's what I've learned, once the panic subsided. 1st of all, I do have a COA for my ES-330 Re-issue, and I finally remembered where I put it. Not all authentic Gibson guitars have a serial number on the back of the headstock. While I saw the one written on the sticker inside the f hole, I didn't bother looking in the other f hole, where it is printed on the guitar. This is evidently typical for late model ES-330 Re-issues. Anyway, I have no issues with the guitar itself, although some people have mentioned the binding on these as being other than perfect. A very nice guitar, but a little strident for what I'm after. Two P-90's,after all. I'm going to sell it,and wanted to make sure of what I had. Tnx for info.

4. SAguitar

SAguitar Well-Known Member

Well, there ya go, Donny! I'm glad you got it figured out, even if you're not gonna keep it. I've been through a lot guitars in my career, and I simply haven't bonded with all of them. Keep searching until you find and least one that knocks you out!