Chapter 11

Discussion in 'Les Paul Discussion Page' started by JiMorr, May 1, 2018.

1. JiMorr

JiMorr Member

I just read an article that says Gibson has filed for chapter 11, in a Delaware court. I hope it all works out because they have been around forever. Or do I? If they were to go under that would make the value of my 3 Gibbys sky rocket.
    What are your thoughts on this?

2. jimilee

jimilee Member

It was bankruptcy protection, so it protects them from their debtors. I read they are hero g rid of things like Phillips headphones. They couldn’t reinvent the guitar really, but maybe the cheap ones would be cooler, and the less expensive ones would be a little less expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. paulie63

paulie63 New Member

Gibson has made some poor business decisions, chief among them would be all these 59 reissues that no one can afford. Sell Kramer, sell Steinberger.

4. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

It's a brand new day, we'll see what happens. But they do have to start making some good business decisions.

5. tadbennett123

tadbennett123 New Member

It’s my understanding, only from what I’ve read, that their mainline of Gibson guitars are selling well; but it’s too much high interest rate debt from all these acquisitions they went into. If they can sell them off and get back to their basic business, and the creditors go along, then I believe that they can get through this. The CEO is going to have to go, I’ll bet. I sure can’t afford those high priced Custom shop models; but I’ve read that they are selling well. I don’t think the answer is more low priced models.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Infant

Infant Active Member

They have to get rid of all of Henry's "peripheral" companies and concentrate on guitars and only guitars. Keep Epiphone as the entry level line. Sell Steinberger, Baldwin, Slingerland etc. Hopefully the creditors will accept Gibson as a "guitar" company again.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk