Fine tuner screws

Discussion in 'Mods and Tech Talk' started by Gk55, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Gk55

Gk55 New Member

Hello, I asked this in the introduction forum but thought I’d ask this here, does anyone know off hand if the screws on a TP-6 fine tuner are the same as Floyd Rose screws? I can buy 6 if theirs for price of 1 Gibson, one of mine fell out on my GK-55
    Was advised to ask Gibson but I’m waiting on an answer :)

2. SAguitar

SAguitar Well-Known Member

Coming from two different manufacturers, I would not expect that they would be identical or even compatible screws.

3. Gk55

Gk55 New Member

I sent Gibson the question but no answer, maybe cause it was weekend, I just looked at pictures, they look same but not sure of diameter or thread, I agree with you though cause ebay sellers only call out 1 or the other, not both, on what their listing fits :(
    Thanks for responding

4. johnreardon

johnreardon Active Member

How much are the Gibson screws? If it was me, I would take the extra cost knowing that my guitar was still original.

5. Gk55

Gk55 New Member

Gibson set of 6 are $18.45, Floyd rose set is $8 including shipping, guess I will just bite the bullet, thought they might be same, I wouldn’t want them if them didn’t match even if they fit.

6. Gk55

Gk55 New Member

Update:
    Finally heard from Gibson, they didn’t know if they were same either so I just bought 6 Gibson screws, 5 spares now lol

7. johnreardon

At least they answered. Good decision to buy original spares

8. Gk55

Gk55 New Member

Yes, I didn’t know Gibson would respond to individual questions until I joined forum last week :)

9. johnreardon

They have always responded to my questions over the years, even if the answer was they didn't know. To be fair, Fender have done so as well