Gibson ES.225T

Discussion in 'ES-sential Hollowbodies' started by mrkmusic, Jul 7, 2018.

1. mrkmusic

mrkmusic New Member

I have been trying to identify serial # on my late father's Gibson ES.225T, but am not having any luck. I found the # inside the guitar. One side described the model #, the other had this # V5870 14. There is no other # on the guitar. Searches on Gibson guitar serial # sites found nothing and directed me to this Gibson forum for help. I would appreciate any help you's can give me.

2. Infant

Infant Active Member

Hi and welcome. It's best that you ask Gibson Customer service. Send them some high quality photos of the front and back of the guitar and the front and back of the headstock. Include the serial number and they'll reply with some info within within a day or two.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

3. johnreardon

johnreardon Active Member

Hi and welcome to this place. Fully agree with Rob. The manufacturer is ALWAYS the best place to start. Those internet dates that try to date guitars are not very good.

4. Biddlin

Biddlin Member

FON# V=1956
    Batch#5870
    order in batch-14
    Gibson used this particular Factory Order Number system from 1952-1961.
    Year FON Letter Prefix
    1952 Z
    1953 Y
    1954 X
    1955 W
    1956 V
    1957 U
    1958 T
    1959 S
    1960 R
    1961 Q

5. mrkmusic

mrkmusic New Member

Thanks for the info. Appreciate the help!

6. mrkmusic

mrkmusic New Member

Thanks for the help! Really appreciate it! My father, who passed away 4 years ago would have, loved this forum! I was his drummer for 25 years in various bands. He loved his Gibson! Again, thanks!

7. SAguitar

SAguitar Well-Known Member

Wow, that's gotta be some great memories. Treasure them forever.