Hi, new to the forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by guitarmac62, Aug 19, 2018.

1. guitarmac62

guitarmac62 New Member

I just purchased my first Gibson acoustic, a 2018 J15. It was also my first time ordering an acoustic guitar online (reputable online retailer) so I hope it's a good one. I never really felt comfortable buying a specific guitar without trying first, but have played other J15's before and got a good deal on one. It's supposed to arrive Wednesday. Can't wait! I've been playing many years & have owned many different brands both electric & acoustic. Of these were some Epiphone acoustics but never a Gibson. I have always wanted a J45 but always way over budget. Then when the J15 came out s few years ago & I was able to try them at a local store it has been on my GAS radar ever since!

2. Infant

Infant Active Member

Welcome to Gibson Talk and congrats on the new purchase. I've never purchased a guitar online so I don't know what one should expect.
    However, unless they throw the box around at UPS or FedEx etc, it should be ready to go right after you unpack it.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

3. johnreardon

johnreardon Active Member

Hi and welcome to this place.

Unfortunately it's getting more and more difficult to find good guitar shops so buying online is becoming the norm.

Luckily my guitar buying days are over, but if they weren't I would try to find a shop so I could try before buying.

Anyway good luck

4. Billy C

Billy C Active Member

Hi and Welcome to Gibson-Talk, Guitarmac62. Nice on the new guitar..................

5. SAguitar

SAguitar Well-Known Member

Welcome to Gibson-Talk! I hope you love your new friend!