Is the HP 665 SB the same guitar as the Parlor Rosewood AG?

Discussion in 'Gibson Acoustic Forum' started by Nolaslider, May 26, 2018.

1. Nolaslider

Nolaslider New Member

Played a Parlor AG at local GC and loved it. Been waiting for Gibson to release something like this for a long time. Have always wanted a smaller body Gibson acoustic with a cutaway but even the reissues of the CF 100 are out of my price range.

The Rosewood AG was out of range for me as well but a little research dug up the HP 655 which seems to be the identical guitar and I just ordered a minty used one for about half the price of a new AG. Spec sheets are vague and a call to Gibson sales didn’t help much.
    From descriptions online the only discrepancy I have seen is some list the AG body depth at 4 inches and the HP body depth at 3.5. None of that is from official Gibson sources so I really don’t know if it’s correct.
    Awaiting delivery and hoping it gets here before I leave for tour next week so I can leave my precious vintage Dove at home.

Any info on these two models?

Thx!

2. johnreardon

johnreardon Active Member

Why not email Gibson and ask them? They have always answered my questions even if it's a 'sorry, we have no records'.

Good luck

3. Nolaslider

Nolaslider New Member

Yep they did indeed reply, and it’s the same guitar. Meaning I’m a very happy camper :)

4. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

Alright! Another happy camper!

5. johnreardon

johnreardon Active Member

Good news. Manufactures are always the first/best place to contact about guitars. Worst that can happen is they either ignore you or have no info. I have always had a reply from Gibson.