Les paul studio pickguard.. fake ??

Discussion in 'Les Paul Discussion Page' started by Julien1978, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Julien1978

Julien1978 New Member

Hi guys !

Just got today a used LP studio 2013 gold hardware. Looks amazing and i checked all the known points revealing a fake chinese one. I am pretty confident i got a real one but i am just curious about the pickguard.
    It looks very thin and cheap !!!
    Is that a normal feature of the studio (vs a standard for example) or should i be worried and investigate more about that ????

I really appreciate your answers as it is my first Gibson !!

2. johnreardon

johnreardon Active Member

Hi and welcome to this place.

You will often get differing views on the internet, so best advice is to contact Gibson and ask them. They will need to see pics of the guitar, including the serial no.

3. Biddlin

Biddlin Member

[​IMG]
    Single ply white or black pcv is the norm.

4. Julien1978

Julien1978 New Member

Thank you for the advise, i will definitely contact them ;)

5. Julien1978

Julien1978 New Member

Yes biddlin, the pickguard looks very similar to this one. Here is a picture (guitar is not clean because it was taken by the previous owner!)

Attached Files:

6. Infant

Infant Active Member

I second Johns advice. They will need a full frontal and full rear shot along with good clear close ups of the front and back of the headstock.

The pickguard could have been replaced and that's why it is thinner.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

7. Biddlin

Biddlin Member

Love the red wine color! The fact that it has a Nashville bridge is indicative of its authenticity to me.

Attached Files:

8. Julien1978

Julien1978 New Member

Tks Biddlin, i checked this point as well and it looked good to me indeed. I will take detailed pictures of the pickguard and send it to Gibson. Just curious. If it is not the original one, should be able to find the real one on the web.
    Tks very much for your answer.
    I love the color as well, awesome guitar for the price i paid, quite surprised actually by the quality of the studio!!!

9. Infant

Infant Active Member

https://store.gibson.com/products/les-paul-studio-pickguard-black/

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk