Live at the Globe

Discussion in 'Les's Living Room' started by johnreardon, Oct 8, 2018.

1. johnreardon

johnreardon Active Member

Back in June, my band played a fundraiser for a major cancer hospital in Cardiff.

The clips do feature a Gibson. One of my Custom Shop 60 Reissues. The other LP looking thing is an original Zemaitis. The Tele looking guitar I am playing is my James Trussart Steelcaster. The guitar amps are made by a friend of mine, called Boost amps. I'm playing straight into the amp with no pedals. Vic with the Zemaitis was using a pedalboard.

This video shows clips of some of our set at the Globe Theatre, in Cardiff on the 8th June 2018. The event was for Velindre Hospital, details from the poster below:

Rhod Gilbert will be leading his fourth overseas trek for Velindre Fundraising in 2019 - “Following hugely successful treks up Mount Kilimanjaro through Patagonia and to Machu Picchu in Peru, I am now preparing for my next challenge: a 5 day hike through the Helambu region of Nepal...I'll once again be leading a trek in aid of Velindre Cancer Centre....Collectively, we have managed to raise over a million pounds so far and we've had an absolute ball along the way. A hard ball, but a ball is a ball, that's what I always say. If I can do it, anyone can!” - Rhod Gilbert

In support of the Nepal Trek fundraising challenge, Rhod will be compering a fantastic evening of music at the Globe, Cardiff on 8 June 2018. The line-up features party starting dirty rock 'n' roll exponents Johnny Cage and the Voodoo Groove & 60's r&b rockers The Pieces of Mind.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqyfrzEnzGI"]The Globe Set Compilation - YouTube[/ame]

2. Old Tom

Old Tom New Member

That's strange, I get a message"unable to view video-browser doesn't
    support video format", but I do salute you and the guys for helping out
    with this worthy cause....

3. johnreardon

Strange, it works fine in Firefox and Safari. It's on Youtube, which recognised the standard MP4 format

Also loaded it to Facebook at:

http://www.facebook.com/pomsongs/videos/267999597255058/

4. Infant

Infant Active Member

Great stuff John!! Sounds great! Opened up with no problem on my Samsung tablet.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

5. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

You guys rock, John! I always enjoy hearing your stuff.

6. johnreardon

Thanks both. If nothing else we enjoy ourselves