midtown custom

Discussion in 'The Epi Center' started by 4thwisemonkey, Nov 1, 2017.

1. 4thwisemonkey

4thwisemonkey New Member

just got my first "GIBSON" a 2014 midtown custom in ebony does any one else have one ?

2. BillyRay

BillyRay New Member

Here’s mine. Love it. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

Very handsome looking guitar!

4. Infant

Infant Active Member

Oh oh....I'm gassin' for one. That's a mighty purdy one there!

5. BGreene

BGreene New Member

New member here, but had to post. Just bought an unused 2012 Midtown Custom from a collector, and it has blown away every idea I had of a nice guitar. I have owned a few others at the lower level, Epiphone, Fender MIM, etc. Nothing compares to this. I literally had no idea the kind of quality that these instruments have.

Amazing variety of tones, the pickups are searing. Everything about this is great.

6. johnreardon

johnreardon Active Member

Nice looking guitar. Is it smaller than a 335? I used to have a 336 & 339 which were really comfortable to play.

7. Biddlin

Biddlin Member

8. BGreene

BGreene New Member

I've heard the Midtown described as a flat-top 336, and that seems to be fairly accurate. It's comfortable to play. It's a bit heavy, but that's the solid, albeit chambered, mahogany I think. But not prohibitively heavy. I did not expect it to have the grunt that it does. It can get very heavy. Those Burstbuckers are great pickups. Still totally stunned really between this and some of the lesser (but good) guitars: Ibanez, MIM Fenders, Epiphone, etc. Even a Gretsch electromatic. Nothing compares to this. I am gobsmacked.