Minor scratch in 1966 epi reissue

Discussion in 'The Epi Center' started by Avenger0047, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Avenger0047

Avenger0047 New Member

can i get it out?

Attached Files:

2. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

Yeah, you could probably buff it out, but why don't ya just play it some more so you can get some more scratches?

3. Avenger0047

Avenger0047 New Member

Cause she hasn't earned her scratches ;)

4. Infant

Infant Active Member

Is it a scuff or is it actually a dent in the wood? If it's a dent, you can't do much I'm sorry to say.

5. Avenger0047

Avenger0047 New Member

As far as I can tell Its just a scratch in the lacquer that doesnt go down to the wood.

6. Infant

Infant Active Member

In the photo it appears that the wood has also been dented. It may just be the glare but you have to realize that if it's lacquer, it'll be pretty thin.

Get some Meguiars swirl remover and try to buff it out. If that doesn't work, just leave it and consider it a battle scar!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

7. Avenger0047

Avenger0047 New Member

It must be the glare cause I had the flash on, Its nearly impossible to see without light

8. Avenger0047

Avenger0047 New Member

https://imgur.com/GlXAA7D Picture with no light, EDIT I dont even know if its lacquer tbh The spec says its gloss but I know thats not specific enough.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  9. indianation65

indianation65 Active Member

Cherish it, make more, and put some scuffs and dents in for good measure.

It needs the love!

...wisdom

10. DrumBob

DrumBob New Member

If that's the only imperfection on your guitar, consider yourself lucky. Just ignore it, and if you don't mind my advice, don't be so obsessive about it. Guitars that get played eventually get bumps, scrapes, dents and scratches. It's no big deal, and if it is that big a deal to you, nothing anybody can say will change your mind.

11. jimilee

jimilee Member

Sounds like you should play it right away then! You can buff it out, but I’m pretty sure another one will happen pretty quickly afterwords. Check out YouTube though, it’s a wealth of info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

I'm always a little relieved to get past that first scratch. It hurts a little for awhile, but then you never have to worry about that one again. She will earn the badges.

13. Infant

Infant Active Member

Yup, the first one always hurts. When I had some work done on my Martin, it came back with a minor scratch on the headstock. I was pissed...until I put a bigger scratch on the top, just under the bridge. That one hurt cuz it was MY FAULT!!!!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

14. Biddlin

Biddlin Member

Virtuoso cleaner and polish will take the scratch out.
    [​IMG]

15. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

Yeah, buddy, Virtuoso is the good stuff.