N225 quality?

Discussion in 'Other Gibson Solid Bodies' started by Gressg, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Gressg

Gressg New Member

Looking at 2013 n225 that seems to be finished cheaply and has some plastic wiring. Any guesses or guidance?

2. Infant

Infant Active Member

Hi gressg and welcome to Gibson Talk. Plastic insulated wire is pretty normal on most modern guitars. Cloth covered wires are used on vintage style guitars. Why do you say it is finished cheaply?

3. Biddlin

Biddlin Member

I like mine very much. The satin black with pinstripes reminds me of a cut-down '49 Merc I had. The electric components are great, making it my favourite studio and living room electric.
    Maybe you're a PRS kinda guy?:)

Attached Files:

4. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

Biddlin, I gotta say, that is a beauty. And it does remind me of a chopped Merc.

5. Biddlin

Biddlin Member

I have a studio session later today with a Latin pop singer and the N-225 is the axe I'm taking, because of its versatility. Otherwise, I'd be carrying two different Les Pauls and a Stratocaster....

6. Indiana Jay

Indiana Jay New Member

Hi, I bought a n-225 new old stock in the faded cherry. I haven't played it I
    bought it mostly for collectors value.
    I know that they were made that one
    year so I believe that the value will
    increase. Thoughts? Indiana Jay

7. Indiana Jay

Indiana Jay New Member

Biddlin's N-225

A really nice n-225. Mine is a faded
    cherry, new old stock.
    Indiana Jay

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  8. It won't be worth as much as a house in 50 years.
    Those days are over.

9. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

It may not even be worth what you paid for it.

10. Biddlin

Biddlin Member

Adjusted for inflation my ES-225TD appreciated less than 1% between 1957 and 2009.
    Guitars are a crappy financial investment. I buy 'em to play. The N225 is a solid player.

11. Indiana Jay

Indiana Jay New Member

I have a N 225. I bought one new old
    stock it was made just that 1 year.
    It is on the list of the 10 weirdest guitars Gibson made. You don't see them much in music stores. I have the
    faded cherry finish. I don't play it, I just hope it becomes a collectors guitar. It was too rock for country and
    too tame for Rock. Indiana Jay