Need a pattern for EB-1

Discussion in 'Mods and Tech Talk' started by spellcaster, Nov 28, 2012.

1. spellcaster

spellcaster Member

I'm considering building a replica EB-1 bass and wondered if anyone has a PDF of one they could send me. I'd even be happy with a body tracing on paper in the mail, and would gladly Paypal you whatever you'd like as compensation. Thanks

2. My335

My335 New Member

Did you ever find a pattern?

3. spellcaster

spellcaster Member

Wow, old thread, but still relevant for me.....I've never found a pattern, but still interested in doing the project. I'm retired now, so I've got lots of time for this and I'm always on the lookout for projects.

4. My335

My335 New Member

Ever get down to Seattle? If so, you can trace mine. If not, let me know how detailed you want the trace.

5. spellcaster

spellcaster Member

Unfortunately, I don't do much traveling....I haven't been off Vancouver Island in decades.

I've looked at a bunch of pictures and I think all I need is a basic body outline.

6. My335

My335 New Member

What about the tuning pegs? Original thru-the-back offset "banjo" pegs, right? The side wings didn't show up til the mid-70s reissues.

You've got some great wineries on the island. I think I've hit every one of them. Maybe I should just bring the axe up there. ;)

7. My335

My335 New Member

Finally scored a length of butcher paper. Where do you want the tracing sent?

8. spellcaster

spellcaster Member

Thanks! PM sent.

9. spellcaster

spellcaster Member

Well, this is going to a happy ending, although a bit delayed, lol. I originally posted the thread in December of 2012 and had just about given up hope that it would ever happen. It's taken almost 6 years, but I have the template in hand.

A big thank you to member My 335 for his invaluable help. I'll stop by and post a picture when it's done.

10. SAguitar

SAguitar Well-Known Member

I love it when a plan comes together!