New guy :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gk55, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Gk55

Gk55 New Member

Hey everyone, just joined, found site looking for info on one of my guitars, I have several, from the Gibson family I have a GK-55, a J-50, and an Ephiphone EA250. I’ll meet everybody first, then start asking questions. I had 4 or 5 guitars before inheriting 4 or 5 more from my Dad, I guess the crown jewel is a 1960 Strat my Dad had owned since 1963, it’s a guitar I’ve played my whole life, don’t play it as much as some others that play better right now my dad always had thick flat wounds on it and I haven’t messed with it since I got it, thanks for letting me join

2. johnreardon

johnreardon Active Member

Hi and welcome to this place.

Best first point of contact for info on any of your guitars is always the manufacture. Assuming it's Gibson they try them. They will need to see pics of the guitar including serial no. They have always answered my questions.

Good luck

3. Gk55

Gk55 New Member

I’m just wanting to know if the fine tuner screws on my Gk55 are the same as Floyd rose fine tuner screws, 1 of mine fell out, eBay has them for Floyd rose cheap but Gibson’s are sold individual for what 6 cost for floyd’s , pictures they look the same but can’t tell. Search couldn’t find anything because it keys on single words so it pulled up about every thread on here! Lol

4. johnreardon

johnreardon Active Member

Sorry, I don't know, but there's nothing to lose by asking Gibson. They can only say they don't know

5. Gk55

Gk55 New Member

I will try them, never thought about asking them, didn’t know they responded to individual questions, figure I’d had to own a business to get any response from them thanks :)

6. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

Welcome to Gibson-Talk! Actually, Gibson does a pretty fine job of responding to our petty requests. But frankly, I wouldn't expect those screws to match.