NGD. 2018 Gibson Les Paul BFG humbucker gator skin.

Discussion in 'Les Paul Discussion Page' started by MitchMiami, Jul 31, 2018.

1. MitchMiami

MitchMiami New Member

I was selling off some more of my collection so I can sell my house and move in with an octogenarian relative that needs my help in day to day activities and saw this on the wall and I fell in love with the look. I picked it up and it’s about 2/3 the weight of my other lp’s (around 7 1/2 pounds) it plays awesomely and I love the tone of the pickups Does anyone know any details? Gibson’s web site has very little information. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] IMG_1112.jpg

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2018/USA/2018-BFG-Humbuckers.aspx is all the information I can find and I’m very curious as to complete specs but I fell in love with it regardless of my lack of knowledge, which is so unlike me. I always like to research everything completely before a purchase but my “gator guitar” really speaks to me. It doesn’t hurt that my youngest child just graduated from UF , go gators!!
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. AviA

AviA Member

Congratulations bro.

3. Infant

Infant Active Member

That is definitely a different finish! If you want to find out about the guitar, send a good set of high quality photos (full front, full back, front and back of the headstock) and the serial number to Gibson customer service and ask for information about the guitar. They've always been great at responding to many of us here.

Let us know what they say....I'm intrigued!

4. MitchMiami

MitchMiami New Member

Thanks I’ll do that in the next few days, a lots going on in my life now. I will keep you guys know what I find out.

5. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

Congratulations! Those are nice guitars, they were kinda Gibson's rat rod for a couple of years, a stripped-down rocker that made no excuses. That one looks like it has been modded a bit. I believe that they came stock with a P90 in the neck position and a Burstbucker 3 in the bridge. They also had a kill switch (without a plastic tip) where the pickup selector normally is, two volume controls and a master tone control. The pickup selector was located where the second tone control normally sits.

6. MitchMiami

MitchMiami New Member

That is how they used to come. Mine is brand new 2018 model. According to Gibson’s web site they now come with a truss rod cover, no kill switch and now you can only get them with your choice of a pair of P90s or a pair of “open coil” humbuckers

Here is the only information I can find on the new updated BFG and it’s on Gibson’s 2018 model lineup page -

http://www.gibson.com/products/electric-guitars/2018/usa/2018-bfg-humbuckers.aspx

7. Biddlin

Biddlin Member

Those open coils look a lot like 490s out of the first LPJ/SGJ 2013 run.

8. GibSG

GibSG Member

The 2008 BFG has a P90 on the neck, cool Les Paul

[​IMG]