Order thread posts

Discussion in 'Forum Operations, Issues and Suggestions' started by johnreardon, Nov 20, 2018.

1. johnreardon

johnreardon Active Member

Anyone know how you order the posts in a thread under this new software. I always have the latest posts first on all threads. The change has set it back the first posts showing first, which for mean is a pain.

I can't find where to change it

2. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

John, I think I found it. On the right side of the title bar is a "Last Message" with an arrow next to it. Clicking on that appears to change the order to the most recent at the top of the list.

3. Infant

Infant Active Member

now if we could get rid of all the ebay listings.....

4. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

Hah! They probably pay the board a fee for that little service!

5. johnreardon

Yes. that's always been there but it seems to change back every time you log in. On the previous software there used to be a preference where you could change the order of posts.

This software always seems to log you out as well even though you clicked on the 'Keep me logged in' box.

6. Infant

Infant Active Member

the arrow doesn't show up on mine.... this is the top ri
    upload_2018-11-20_13-32-17.png

7. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

Interesting. It only seems to show up for me the first time I click and go into a section, and not when I go into a thread of posts.

8. spellcaster

spellcaster Member

I haven't encountered any of the problems that you guys are having. I wonder if it makes a difference what type of device or software you're using. My clunker system is a tower with XP and Mozilla. Works perfect on all the GearTalk forums.

9. Infant

Infant Active Member

This is the only forum that has changed. Even the Gibson Talk logo (sunburst les paul) is gone. All the others look exactly the same as they did before. All the others still open up in Tapatalk (on my tablet and iphone) except this one. I wonder why this is the only one that has changed?

10. johnreardon

Weird

11. Infant

Infant Active Member

Well I got rid of the eBay listings. If you select the user, you will get a popup. Select "ignore" and refresh your screen. They should be gone.

12. Infant

Infant Active Member

To order the posts, select "new posts" from the menu, then on the far right near the top, select "recent posts". If you save this to your favourites you should at least see all the recent posts in order.

13. johnreardon

Well this new software seems to have killed off activity around here.

14. Infant

Infant Active Member

I AGREE!!!! I've tried to PM the Mod a few times and I'm getting no response. I'm really kinda pissed at this whole thing. I don't like the MLP site as I found too many "d!cks" hanging around there. Right now I'm just checking in here and trying to keep this alive but it just looks like you, me and sometimes Stan that keep coming back.

15. Infant

Infant Active Member

we still seem to attract guests (and robots too)! But I'm sure they see nothing happening and they don't come back. sad....
    upload_2018-11-26_13-28-10.png

16. Biddlin

Biddlin Member

I'm here every few days, but I agree that the place is not really rockin, right now. Big changes always seem to make a site less desirable. Since all the fora seem to be owned by the same guy, whaddaya gonna do?
    All we can do is show up and be our usual brilliant, incisive selves.

17. johnreardon

Fully agree Rob, especially about the other place. This software is the worst I have seen for a forum.