pep talk

Discussion in 'Les's Living Room' started by Old Tom, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Old Tom

Old Tom New Member

hey gang, I'm gonna give it one more shot-this is where I'd like to hang my hat,..seems like there's some great people here, with a lot of guitar savvy.
    Forums die out when people quit sharing ideas and opinions.Someone
    disagree with you? Man, think how dull it would get around here if everybody had the same opinion..and that's all they are-opinions-and last time I looked,
    everybody is entitled to their own.I would hate to click on here some day and see a sign that read "closed due to lack of interest".
    Some one has gone to a lot of trouble to give us a great place to meet new friends and talk guitar....so come on guys, let's use it.
    thanks for listening, Tom

2. Hiya Tom,
    I echo what you say. I 'signed up' in the hope that i'd find a similar environment to the Gretsch-Talk forum - lots of people who'd 'talk' about guitars in general, but with expertise and handy tips for the Gibson/Epiphone area...
    Let's keep plugging away...

3. johnreardon

johnreardon Active Member

Sadly these sort places are dying off a bit. I think Facebook and other social media have sounded the death knell

4. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

I still try to drop by here nearly every day to see if anything is going on! Let's keep it going.

5. johnreardon

johnreardon Active Member

Fully agree. Apart from talking about guitars, we have a politics and religion free community :biggrin:

6. Infant

Infant Active Member

Religion and politics are the two main reasons to shut down a thread. Insults/nastiness will get someone banned. In all my time here, I only recall one person getting banned (for insulting someone) and never seen a thread shut down.

I was once reprimanded by the moderator for expressing an opinion that another poster found insulting. I've since tried to keep to a higher standard in my responses.

Anyway, let's get back to the original thread....sorry for the slight hijack! [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

7. Infant

Infant Active Member

There are a lot of people who sign up and once they see that there isn't a lot happening here, they just leave. There's a core of about 10 people here who have stuck it out and we try to keep things going. We need the new people to keep checking in and adding their 2 cents or starting new threads, possibly mirroring a thread from another forum that they also go to. We can't force people to join us. This forum is run by the same people who run Strat Talk, Gretsch Talk, Squier Talk, etc. All those threads are doing well but for some reason, the Gibson Talk forum has always been very slow and yet, it's the only Gibson Forum in the ________ Talk family.

Don't give up on us, stick around and help us grow!!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk