prs se custom 22 fans

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by 4thwisemonkey, Sep 2, 2018.

1. 4thwisemonkey

4thwisemonkey New Member

anyone own or have any thoughts on this guitar

2. SAguitar

SAguitar Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I don't own any guitars by PRS. Most of my guitars are made by Gibson, Fender, and Carvin.

3. johnreardon

johnreardon Active Member

I have owned many PRS in the past, including the original Santana SE and high spec US made ones.

I have none now. Whilst the guitars, including those made out of the US, are well made I always found the pickups lacking, in fact almost bland. The only one I have owned that had decent pickups was the Santana III, the rest to be honest were dreadful compared to my Gibson guitars.

Yes people could say you can change the pickups. In fact I did, on a Singlecut, from stock humbuckers to P90s. It made it better but not as good as my R6.

To be honest, I am not interested in changing pickups. I trust those that the manaufacturer gives me.

So advice from me is try the PRS. If you like the way it plays and sounds, then go for it. If you can't try one, then I wouldn't

4. Infant

Infant Active Member

I've never owned one. I've played a few that I liked, notably the P90 equipped thinline version they had a few years back. It was quite nice. They all seem to play well when properly set up, The thing is, it doesn't matter what we think, it has to sound good to your ears. Try some out and let your ears decide.