Question about 2010 or 2014 Les Paul

Discussion in 'Les Paul Discussion Page' started by cooperaudio, May 24, 2018.

1. cooperaudio

cooperaudio New Member

I saw a 120th Anniversary Les Paul Studio with a S/N 1xxx0xxxx, which would indicate 2010. It says that it’s made in 2014. Did they break the pattern on these numbers because of the anniversary issue?

Don

2. Infant

Infant Active Member

Hello and welcome to Gibson Talk. If I recall correctly Gibson also stamped the actual year underneath the S/N. If I recall from memory, as I'm nowhere near my guitars right now, the back of the headstock should have the S/N followed by Made in USA, followed by the year of manufacture. So I'm wondering how legit it really is. Is there a 120th Anniversary inlay at the 12th fret? Pics would be great. You can also ask Gibson information about the SN. They did not change their numbering method for that year.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

3. johnreardon

johnreardon Active Member

I used to have a 120th Anniversary LP Standard which was made in 2014. It had a serial no of 140100010.

It was definitely genuine as I checked with Gibson. Also like Rob says, it had the 120th Anniversary inlay at the 12th fret. Can't remember about the year on the back of the headstock.

Gibson did change their serial numbering in 2014 so now the first two digits indicate the year i.e. in my case '14' for '2014'. The rest is a serial number for all guitars produced that year.

http://www.guitarinsite.nl/serienummers-gibson_eng.php

4. Infant

Infant Active Member

gonna have to check mine tonight

5. Infant

Infant Active Member

My SN is 14XX4XXXXX and my guitar has the year 2014 stamped under the Made in USA stamping