Share ur Epiphone Photos

Discussion in 'The Epi Center' started by ksstan, Sep 13, 2016.

1. ksstan

ksstan New Member

Hi Everyone,

Just joined today. Thought of starting a thread to share our Epiphone guitar photos. I started it with mine. Mine's a Epi LP Standard Plustop Pro in wine red. Hope to see urs too. Lets get the Epi flowing.. Cheers, and have a great day...

Attached Files:

2. Infant

Infant Active Member

Hi and welcome! Beautiful looking LP!

I no longer own any Epi's, but this is the only one that I owned. Epiphone Dot Royale. It was a fine guitar...great feel and sound. Quite the looker too!...pearlescent white with gold sparkle binding and gold hardware. I sold it to a friend a couple of years ago after I got a great deal on a Gibson ES137. I still get to play it when I visit with him.

Attached Files:

3. ksstan

ksstan New Member

Hi Infant, thanks for ur nice compliment there and nice to meet you. The Epi Dot Royale looks absolutely gorgeous. Great to know that it both sounds and feels very good as well. I guessed that ur then newly acquired Gibson must be really better...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

4. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

Here's a pic of one I used to own! Like Rob, I don't own any Epiphone guitars at this time.

[​IMG]

5. ksstan

ksstan New Member

This was very beautiful as well, very nicely maintained. Was the feel good as in it was nice to play, because it seems to me that it was very neatly built. Did this Epi resonate well? Thanks SAguitar..☺

6. AlanBiker

AlanBiker New Member

[​IMG]

my daughters ES-339, it's a very nice guitar with coil tapped humbuckers and sounds great.

Alan

7. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

That is a great looking Les Paul you have there, Ksstan! My Number One LP is Wine Red, but I've always called it Burgundy. Here's a pic of my Epiphone Valve Junior, does that count?

[​IMG]

8. ksstan

ksstan New Member

Thanks SAguitar.. Yes! It does count as well, it's an Epi too, a nice-looking Epi valve Is this a head or combo, wondering...

9. ksstan

ksstan New Member

Alan, that's also a great-looking guitar ur daughter has.. nice...☺

10. Stratcat

Stratcat New Member

My Epiphone

This is the only one I have at the moment,
    ES335 Pro

Attached Files:

11. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

Ksstan, my old Epi Valve Jr. is just a head. I usually run it through a little cabinet I have that is loaded with 2-10" Carvin speakers. It sounds great, IMHO. It actually gets a lot more playing time than any of my other amps, even though it rarely leaves my garage. That's just where I play a lot in the evenings. On the weekends, I play some larger amps.

I have done considerable work on that little character! It has a pull/boost on the tone knob, and actually the tone knob is an addition, too. In stock layout, there is only a volume control. Plus it has a 3-way gain switch that I rarely use but it can really unleash some fury if I want it to. Next to the power switch is a standby switch that I added in there. Oh, I did replace the two transformers with better units by Hammond, and stuffed some better JJ Tubes in while I was at it. The BitMo sticker on there came from the company that I got a couple of upgrade kits from.

That was a fun project that really came out nice. I had never really done any amp trickery before, but I'm fairly good at soldering and following instructions.

12. ksstan

ksstan New Member

Nice SAguitar.. It seems to me that u are into electronics stuff. U actually did replacements of transformers and tubes by urself, that's really cool and awesome. I actually gave some thoughts about having my guitar pickups replaced, checked out youtube how-to videos and learnt how, but never actually progress to do the replacement. Guessed it's kind of fun as well to do it, lol... Pretty sure that someday I will do it, and that's the day when I got tired enough of the stock pickups. Thanks u very much for introducing me to the details of ur nice pretty Epi valve head there, appreciate it very much. Hope u have a nice weekend SAguitar...☺

13. ksstan

ksstan New Member

That's a very nice-looking Epi as well, Stratcat...☺

14. Biddlin

Biddlin Member

[​IMG]
    Here's a couple, I need to take some new pics.

Attached Files:

15. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

Those are some beauties, Biddlin! Here's a nice Epiphone Sheraton I used to have, I pulled all the guts out of this one and installed a pair of Seymour Duncans along with new pots, wiring and a jack in there. This was the first hollow body I ever rewired so it was a learning experience, but it came out great. I ended up giving it to a friend.

[​IMG]

16. vinnie1971

vinnie1971 New Member

Some nice axes there. Here are mine. Les Paul standard gold top (new for Christmas) and unused 20 year old firebird that had been a stage prop and photo shoot guitar for the musical 'Jersey Boys' (Frankie Vali and the 4 seasons)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. SAguitar

SAguitar Active Member

I love the Gold Top and that Firebird is a gem!

18. vinnie1971

vinnie1971 New Member

Thanks. They are awesome. Especially the firebird. It came with Bill Lawrence firebird pickups from the factory. The firebird was a lucky find. The fretwork from the factory was poor so I had to level them. The gold top fret work is much better. Though could still benefit from a hone and polish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. AlanBiker

AlanBiker New Member

That's a classy looking guitar, I really like the ES's.

Alan

20. anfontan

anfontan New Member

Here is a photo of my Epiphones, my Sheraton, my Les Paul , Fire Bird, and SG G400.

I modified the Firebird and it now has mini humbuckers-and a hot Seymour Duncan on the bridge.

[​IMG]