The odd guitar out

Discussion in 'ES-sential Hollowbodies' started by Biddlin, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Biddlin

Biddlin Member

DSCN1282.JPG
    Friday night I played a tinkle the crystal goblets gig. My friend of 50+ years and the first working musician to let me sit in on stage asked me to do a set with his new quintet, doing some original tunes (mine) from our 1990's jazz group and some slick smooth jazz arrangements. I decided to take my Gibson N225 for only its second trip out into the world. The place was pretty packed and I saw two buddies Mike and Terry, good jazz players and longtime critic/fans in the back, but didn't have a chance to say hello before the gig.
    Afterward they came backstage and were amazed when the saw the little N225.
    "I thought you must have been playing a Les Paul custom or Lucille." That thing sounds huge."
    I knew that.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  2. SAguitar

SAguitar Well-Known Member

That's quite a nice compliment!

3. Biddlin

Biddlin Member

It really is the most utilitarian guitar I've ever owned. I go from Wes Montgomery to Jeff Beck on it with a click of the switch.

4. SAguitar

SAguitar Well-Known Member

What an incredible tool to have in your arsenal! From just looking at it, I would not expect that.

5. Infant

Infant Active Member

Other than when you posted a photo of it a couple of years ago, I have never seen nor heard of that model before. I never realized it could be so versatile.