Weather around the World

Discussion in 'Les's Living Room' started by johnreardon, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Infant

Infant Active Member

Yay!!! We are getting back to normal temperatures today! It's still only 14F and cloudy right now, we should hit 32F (0C) with a bit of sunshine this afternoon. Maybe I can go out and finish cleaning the snow off of the driveway.

2. Infant

Infant Active Member

We had some freezing drizzle late last night but that all melted away as the temperature rose overnight. We are looking at a mostly cloudy day although it's currently sunny this morning. High of 41....big change from -30 wind chills earlier this week.

3. Infant

Infant Active Member

Partly sunny today, rain moving in tonight. High 54, currently a mild 45. It's so nice not having to go and start the cars in -20 degree temperatures!

4. SAguitar

SAguitar Well-Known Member

There was rumors going 'round about some snow landing here in the valley but no, it just landed as rain. Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing a bit of the white stuff.

It's 37 and overcast right now, with some kind of action predicted tonight. We'll see!

5. Infant

Infant Active Member

Mainly sunny today. Current temperature is 43 but will be dropping thru the day to 27 by this evening.
    Stay tuned as tomorrow isn’t looking too pretty.....

6. SAguitar

We are at 30 right now. We did get about an inch of snow last night, our first of the year for the valley floor, so now all the schools are closed. Now they are predicting everything from more snow to freezing rain to manic cacophony for the next week. These wusses do not know how to handle inclement weather. I've got two four wheel drive rigs, plenty of canned food, water, alcohol and ammunition so I'm not too worried. If I get stuck at home, as Jimi once said, "That's all right, I still got my guitar."

7. Infant

Infant Active Member

Like I said, today wasn’t gonna be pretty. We are getting freezing rain, mixed with ice pellets and this should continue all day, turning to rain by tomorrow morning. Probably about 1/2 inch accumulation which is enough to down hydro lines and break tree branches. Also makes for treacherous driving. They’ve already shut down schools and pulled the school buses.
    Wish me luck, I’m still expected to show up at work.

8. SAguitar

Good luck to ya, Rob! It ain't no big thang here today, at least not in our area. Yesterday's small snowfall has pretty much melted off in this part of the valley. But up north, along the Columbia Gorge, they experienced near white-out conditions and made truck drivers pull over and park it overnight. We have a son who drives and had to spend the night sleeping in his rig on I-84. Today isn't much better up there, he had to put on chains and endure that.

9. Infant

Infant Active Member

I ended up staying home. I emailed my boss and he was staying home too. He said he let his dog out this morning and it did a "Bambi"on his deck. That's when he realized that it was too slippery to get into a car.

I tried to add some photos but even after compressing them, they are too big. I don't know what's going on with this website/forum

10. SAguitar

We are kind of a third world site, oh well!

11. Infant

Infant Active Member

At least fender talk is working again!!!

SAguitar likes this.
  12. Infant

Infant Active Member

Still getting freezing drizzle this morning but should be turning to rain by noon. Temperature rising thru the day from the current 27 to a high of 41 this evening. It's been a brutal 24-36 hours as we've had numerous power outages and brown outs across the city and region, mainly in areas with exposed (above ground) hydro lines. Ours are all buried and we had a few brown outs yesterday....just enough to cause the microwave clock to require resetting.

Gotta go and scrape some ice off the cars again!!!

13. SAguitar

Thanks for letting me know about FenderTalk! I gave up on it last week and quit dropping in there. I have been on that site for a long time so I was kinda missing it.
    We are in a "10th Avenue Freeze Out" here, well for us anyway. There is a cold front sitting on the region so it only got up to 34 here today. A few storms are lining up in the ocean for later land entry, and when the come through we are supposed to get "rain and snow mix" whatever that is for a few days. It should be interesting. I'll be glad if I get to put my truck in 4-wheel drive for awhile.

14. Infant

Infant Active Member

Well I was on the TDPRI the other day and Alex (new moderator) posted that they were switching TDPRI servers in the upcoming day or two. So I responded that once they finish that, maybe they could look at the Fender Talk site that had been down since Jan 10 . I had sent him PM's in the past but gotten no response from him

I don't know if my comment had anything to do with it (probably not) but I'm glad it's back up. Now if we could get Gibson Talk back to where it was before all this server swapping started messing everything up.

15. Infant

Infant Active Member

So we were getting some light freezing rain yesterday evening which turned to rain overnight as the temp hit 46. Rain has since stopped but the temps are dropping like a lead balloon (currently 34 at 7am) and it has gotten extremely windy with 55mph gusts. Wind should die down later but temps will keep dropping to 27 by this afternoon and 17 by dinnertime. We are just running the gamut of temperatures and weather types this week. At least the ice is gone.

16. SAguitar

It is snowing right now, but the flakes are very small and light. It is supposed to get up to 40 today, so that should turn to rain later. This is pretty unusual for our area, we often get only one period of snow each winter and sometimes no snow at all.

17. Infant

Infant Active Member

Yay!!! Finally a nice day!! No wind, no snow, no freezing rain or sleet and no polar vortex! Just mainly sunny and 27.

18. Infant

Infant Active Member

Another decent day today, a bit of sun, a bit of cloud and a high of 28

19. Infant

Infant Active Member

Snow flurries in the forecast for today, maybe an inch total accumulation, high 28. Tomorrow is not shaping up to be a good day. More on that later.

20. SAguitar

We got about 2 inches of accumulation over the weekend, but none last night. Then it warmed up a little and started raining last night, washing away all the snow. Today it is supposed to be 40 degrees with rain.